The King Hussein Cancer Foundation- Governing Body (The Foundation) is an independent, non-governmental, non-profit organization established in 2001 by Royal Decree to combat cancer in Jordan and the Middle East region.
The Foundation is overseen by a Board of Trustees comprised of a dedicated group of prominent volunteers presided by HRH Princess Ghida Talal. The Foundation is the legal umbrella organization responsible for:
1) The King Hussein Cancer Foundation- Fundraising, Support and Progress (KHCF). KHCF is the biggest community-based organization in Jordan devoted to combating cancer. KHCF’s focuses on fundraising and development, worldwide support, public awareness on early detection and prevention, cancer treatment and patient support. KHCF is headed by its CEO General Nisreen Qatamish.
2) The King Hussein Cancer Center- Comprehensive Cancer Care & Research (KHCC). KHCC is the foremost cancer center in the Middle East region providing adult and pediatric patients with state of the art comprehensive cancer care for various types of cancer. It is recognized by the Joint Commission International (JCI) as a disease specific cancer center, making it the first and single center in the developing world to receive such merit. KHCC is headed by Dr. Asem Mansour- chief executive officer /Director General.
Patients at KHCC receive cancer treatment from a combined multidisciplinary team of doctors and many other healthcare professionals. Academic affairs and research are a fundamental part of the King Hussein Cancer Center's mission to provide the utmost extensive cancer care in the region.
The Faculty of Medicine at the Center benefits from variety of academic activities and educational opportunities for improving their skills and increases their knowledge. In addition, medical graduates can select from several residency and fellowship programs.
The King Hussein Cancer Center also has an extremely comprehensive research strategy. Medical staff at KHCC and researchers carry out reflective and potential research projects in clinical and translational research in addition to clinical trials that can provide patients with access to new treatment procedures that may save their lives.
Where to Find King Hussein General Cancer Center HOSPITAL
King Hussein General Cancer Center HOSPITAL - Facilities
- Accessible disabled people
- Private rooms for patients
- TV in the room
- Open 24 hours
- Emergency service
- Wireless access
- Medical records transfer
- Open weekends
- Public transport access
- Interpreter services
- Special dietary requests accepted
- Personal assistance
King Hussein General Cancer Center HOSPITAL - Pricing details and cost breakdown
King Hussein General Cancer Center HOSPITAL - Certifications
- Joint Commission International